Tobogganing is a fun activity for the kids!
If you are looking for a thrilling, memorable experience for your children, consider tobogganing at Cool Runnings Cape Town.
It’s an outdoor toboggan track that is approximately 0.7 miles/ 1,25 km long. There are several hills and turns (which makes it all the more thrilling), and an automated lift that will pull you up to the top of the hills.
Our kids love it. We love it! We go there every time we’re in Cape Town.
- It is easy to get to Cool Runnings Cape Town. Directions are easy to follow and it’s not far off the highway.
- The prices are very reasonable.
- The place seems to be well maintained. The bathrooms have always been clean.
- Anyone over 3 years old can ride, but children 3-7 need to be accompanied by an adult. This is good—you wouldn’t want to have a young child go by themselves.
- It’s fun for parents and older folks too.
- They do not operate in the rain. They will shut down immediately once it starts to drizzle. This is important for safety.
- They offer a variety of passes for you to choose from.
- It’s fun for the whole family – young or old.
- They offer wifi.
- They have a bar and seating area to watch the rides. There’s also a restaurant.
- It’s a wonderful way to spend an hour or two.
- They do not provide helmets or any kind of padding. We have not had a problem. However, if you are concerned about safety, bring your own helmets and padding.
- The place is staffed, for the most part, by teenagers who may or may not be well informed. If you go on the right day, the staff can be very helpful. If not, you are pointed to a board if you ask questions.
- If you are on vacation, you can basically go whenever you want. Choose to go early when there are no crowds or lines.
- We’ve never had a problem with parking because we go early. I suggest you do the same.
- Don’t rush the experience. Allow your kids enough time to really enjoy themselves.